background

background

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Our Golden 9th

Felicitations to Kelly and I, for we have been hitched nine years! This year, our anniversary weekend happened to fall on the same weekend as the MDA ride out to Wendover. We saddled up the Harley and joined the throngs of bikers to enjoy a weekend of hawgs and music. This year's concert brought Cinderella and Slaughter to the armpit of the universe and it was an awesome show! Never you mind that the bands are 30 years older and tested the very limits of their button down leather vests with newly formed chub deposits. They still sounded great.

A few observations about those who frequented this event:

1. Mullets. Lots of mullets.
2. Leather. Lots of tight leather.

3. Muffin top. An unfortunate side effect of the preceding observation.

4. Tats.

5. Non-tats. The funniest of which, was a sheer shirt (the entire shirt) printed to look like a tat. Like those funny gag sleeves you can buy. Awesome. Where can I score one of these?

There was also this scarecrow looking person with this cute guy. O wait.... My head was in a helmet all day and it was windy. Gimme a break.

Last, but certainly not least, Tom Keifer belting out "Nobody's Fool" to a crowd of doting butt rockers. Including ourselves.

In all, it was a great weekend and I was lucky to get to spend it rocking out with my best friend. Mr. Kelly sir, I love you more than the day I married you and I look forward to a lifetime with you filled with happiness, motorcycles and hair bands. Happy anniversary!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Congrats!!! You two are stinkin' cute. I loved that post!