background

background

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Life After Tubes


All I know is, I'm kicking myself for not having done it 6 months ago. Same day, after some tears and long naps, Bridger was a different baby. Suddenly, he started acknowledging me when I spoke and enjoying the toys that talk and make noise. All those times I thought he was just being an obstinate poo, he probably just couldn't hear me through the raging infection in his ears. My only regret is that I can't sneak up behind him and scare the pants off him anymore. :) He's sick again, wouldn't you know it? But even sick, he's still happier than I've seen him when he was "well". It's all smiles all the time around here. Hoooorah!!!

It's baby boy's first birthday this Saturday. Last weekend he went shopping with mom to help pick out the materials to make his play tent.

So, this is a project in the making. I put it all together last night and was pleasantly surprised when he crawled in and out of the tent laughing and screaming. Just need to do some tweaking to reinforce the structure for this little monkey. Stay tuned for the final product....

3 comments:

Becca said...

I'm so glad things went well. With Laura we caught it a lot earlier, but Emma was already two when she first got her tubes. (She is on her fourth set!)
It is strange to think of things from their new perspective of being able to hear, especially if you didn't think of them not being able to hear before. A whole new world!
The birthday project looks fun.

Kari said...

Wonderful happy baby! I love it!

KellynJamie said...

Four sets?! I'm not sure I can do this 3 more times.