background

background

Monday, August 8, 2011

Baby Blue Face


Bridger has begun doing the most irritating thing on earth. Holding his breath. Apparently this is a completely normal development in 1 out of 20 children and can last up to 3 or more years. He starts crying...no let me rephrase...he doesn't start calmly crying like other children, he's balls to the wall screaming, like 0-60 in 2.3 seconds. Cries so hard, he forgets to breathe in, turns a lovely shade of blue and black, passes out for a minute (no joke) and comes to feeling very groggy. I called the dr. about it today and was told not to worry, it's just part of the "tantrum cycle" that begins at 6 months and could last the rest of my effing life. Awesome. Toddlerhood, here we come.

4 comments:

Kari said...

What the crap? That is so scary!!!!

Laney said...

bbaaahhhhaaaaahhhhhaaaaahhhhaaaa!!!!!This is fun stuff, no? Congrats and welcome to my world, I've been waiting for you.

KellynJamie said...

Gee whiz, thanks for the heads up.

Trina said...

My cousin did that! Good luck! I love the bath photos, such a cute baby!