
Kelly had to go to San Jose to buy some splendiferous piece of machinery for work. But of course I followed. While he was working, I spent the day puttering around the city in my stupid Honda Cube trying to find things to entertain me. The sequence of events is backward, but we'll start with the Museum of Fine Arts. This is fine art, hu? Remind me next time I have to dig out fence posts, that I need only suspend them from the ceiling to be famous.

Mmmm...Thought provoking.

St. Joseph's Basilica. Purdy.

Wandered about the peace gardens for a awhile, feeling very...peaceful.

Last, but certainly not least, and first on my agenda actually, the Egyptian Museum. This dude was pretty cool, cause scans they did of his body prior to his restoration, revealed he had a crude, yet ingenious bit of hardware in his knee thought to have been a repair to some bony impingement he was suffering. The screw shaped device was probably 10 or so inches long and attached the femur to the shin bone. I am ever so thankful for advances in medical science and non-invasive procedures.



1 comment:
Ooh! Fun, I like the dead, preserved dude.
Post a Comment