I overheard a recipe for these grilled chili rellenos. Decided I would try them and of course share. *muah* deliciosa. ~~Disclaimer~~ All ingredients are subject to my interpretation of quantity. 6 Anaheim peppers
1 block of spicy cheddar jack cheese, shredded (I REALLY like cheese)
1 red or sweet onion
cooked shrimp - Small like salad shrimp size (don't really know how much, til it looks good)
1 T. oregano (2 T. if you're using fresh chopped oregano)
a pinch of cilantro, just cause I like it
Salt and pepper to taste
dried corn husks (obviously in the Mexican section of your grocery store)
- Soak corn husks in warm water for about 10 minutes
- Roast peppers on grill and rotate until peppers are soft and the skin is black. Grill onions until caramel colored. Peel blackened skin off of peppers and chop grilled onions. Slice peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribs.
-In a bowl, mix the cheese, onions, shrimp & spices. Spoon cheesy mixture into the pepper halves.
- Place halved and stuffed pepper in the center of a corn husk. Place another corn husk facing the opposite direction under the first husk (the two broader sides of the husk will be on either end, the pepper directly on top of both) Wrap husks around and tuck the top and bottom, so no cheesy juices spooge out. Tear a section of husk into strips to secure the tucked ends.
- Place peppery packages directly onto a medium heat grill for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
Unwrap and enjoy the gooey goodness.
Thing about my peppers was, some of the halves were really small and I had a lot of stuffing, so I put the two halves together. Worked fine.



2 comments:
Do you hire out for house calls? I don't think I can recreate such delicious fare.
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it.
Post a Comment