


Commence project basement. Last time we spoke about the progress of the basement, I think I said something along the lines of it being ready for sheet rock. Evidently, there were eight million little unforeseen projects that awaited completion before sheet rock. Yet, today we find ourselves officially ready for sheet rock. We decided to add a little wet bar in the corner, which occupied a fair amount of time. Also, at my insistence, Kelly finished installing all necessary components to the central vacuum. Including, what I think is the most amazing contraption of all time, seen here as the kick plate vacuum for the kitchen. My lazy arse has grown weary of bending over to sweep piles into the dust-pan, so soon enough I'll be able to sweep them into this vacuum leading straight to an undisclosed location in the garage. Proving once again, that necessity truly is the mother of invention.I can claim very little credit for work done in the basement, but that jumble of black wires...all me. :) Kelly and his Dad deserve a hearty pat on the back for all the work they've done. 'Specially my poor Kelly who had a board with rusty nails fall from the ceiling and directly into his brain pan. Worry not, I've been trying to get rid of that hat for years. Now that it's full of nail holes and blood, I hope to never see it pop up around the house again.
One year, many man hours, some curse words, and one tetanus shot later, we arrive at phase two. Stay tuned.



3 comments:
Good progress. The wet bar will be worth the extra trouble.
Yayyyy for updates! Central vacuum air suction is the bomb shit. My current abode...we need not mention where... has the amazingness that it is. Took me a few moments to figure out where all the dust bunnies accumulated but better in the garage then swarming the floors, I say. Can't wait to see the finished product... Keep a close eye on your windows and for people er, person trying to get into your dog door. THW may take up in your basement w/o your knowledge.
Haha! O how I adore you! I might start noticing a presence when all my favorite beverages go missing. Nevertheless, TWH could easily become discarded with the rest of the dust bunny refuse. Glad to hear you say that central vac is everything I hope for and more, because we're going to, and have already paid out the shnozola for it. Anxiously awaing week...twenty-whatever update.
Post a Comment