background

background

Sunday, March 29, 2009

New old table




Alas, the kitchen table is finally finished. Some time ago, we acquired a new table from Dennis that was a "non-repairable" item from a move. One of the corners had broken off and it was going to cost more to repair the table than to just buy a new one. That is, until it was given to us. Many hours of work and cans of paint and lacquer later, the table is now complete. Cool thing is, it has a big leaf that's big enough to accommodate a few more people. I bought some tall chairs online and unfortunately they are more of a cherry color, rather than the black I thought they were. Many more hours and cans of paints later, we will have 6 completed chairs to go with the table. We now have one. Oh well, who eats at a table anyway? :)

4 comments:

Trina said...

Way to go. It looks awesome! I bet you put hours and hours into it. I agree who eats at the table anyway. Only our kids do, we eat at the desk or the couch. One day when we have a bigger place we'll all fit comfortably around the table, but until then we'll just make due. :) Enjoy your beautiful table.

Laney said...

Looks good. But I can't read your text, the color is to light for these old eyes.... Throw me a bone here and give me a different color. PAAAHHHLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEASE!!

KellynJamie said...

That color better? I can never read them either. I just realized it's possible to change font color. Sad, no?

Laney said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!